Screwfix Trade Apprentice winner, Jack Martin from Weymouth, has not only benefitted from winning himself a £10,000 business bundle, but the training and education centre in Yeovil, where he is completing further accreditation, has also just received their own award of £2,000, as part of the Screwfix Trade Apprentice Award scheme.
Jack is now in his third year of his level 4 NVQ diploma at P & R Hurt, an award-winning Education and Training consultancy based on Pen Mill Trading Estate. He plans to go on to study for his level 4 diploma next year, and he says that winning Screwfix’s’ Trade Apprentice has really “propelled his career forward”.
Jack said ; – “It’s great that by entering this award, my college has benefited as well as me.”
Paul Hurt, who founded the company in 1985 with his wife Rita, received a “Major Contribution to The Industry Award” from the ECA Industry Awards this year and is committed to providing world class accreditation training, which attracts Electricians from all over the UK. Paul’s’ son Jeffery Hurt, has taught Jack throughout his time at P&R Hurt.
Paul said; – “We are delighted to receive this funding from Screwfix, as a result of Jacks’ win. We plan to use it to provide tools and equipment that will benefit future students”
Caroline Welsh, Director of Brand and Marketing comments: “We believe supporting apprentices and colleges, is crucial for the future of the trade. The invaluable training provided by P and R Hurt, will allow Jack and other future apprentices, to achieve their dream to become top-class electricians, which is what Screwfix Trade Apprentice was set up to do.”
Pictured– TA Winner Jack Martin and P&R Hurt Training Consultancy founder, Paul Hurt (right) and his son Jeff (Left).
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- Next day delivery is available within store opening hours.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk