Entrepreneur, inventor and Heating Engineer Ben Kuchta, age 27, from Nuneaton, has been awarded highly commended in a competition to find the very best tradesperson in the country.
First launched in 2009, more than 3,000 people entered this years’ Britain’s Top Tradesperson annual contest, organised by multi-channel retailer Screwfix. As in previous years, the extremely high standard of entries certainly impressed the judges, drawing exceptionally skilled, high calibre entries from across the UK.
Ben set up his company, Quantic Corporations Limited in 2010 and impressed the judges with his enthusiasm, innovation and commitment to supporting his trade.
Ben recently took up the position as Chair of the IGEM Midlands section and under his stewardship has developed a program to widen the scope of inclusion, bringing in technicians who want to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills.
One of his proudest achievements is the introduction of innovative products into job specifications. Ben personally developed (and patented) a safety device to protect customers from the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning which was trialled in 2017 and won the H&V News Awards for Safety Initiative of the Year.
Britain’s Top Tradesperson is a comprehensive search by Screwfix to find and recognise the best in the trade, from bricklayers to carpenters, handymen, electricians and perfect plumbers that keep the UK’s homes and businesses in top condition.
Caroline Welsh, Director of Brand and Marketing at Screwfix said: “It was a tough decision as this year each of our 11 finalists were outstanding in their own way
Ben certainly demonstrated dedication, commitment and a desire to provide a great service and his patented safety device innovation was impressive. His inventive solutions, combined with his passion and enthusiasm, were attributes that we could not ignore and Ben deserves to be highly commended against a very strong entry”
Rob Lindley, Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK commented, “To triumph in a competition as fiercely contested as this, against so many talented and dedicated tradespeople, is truly an accomplishment to be very, very proud of.”
This year’s judging panel included representatives from Screwfix, trade bodies the FMB, CIPHE, NICEIC and BWF, together with Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, who helped to decide that Carpenter Stuart Roache drove away with the title of Britain’s Top Tradesperson 2018 in a brand new Mitsubishi L200 pick-up truck worth £33,000 OTR.
NUNEATON ENGINEER HIGHLY COMMENDED IN SCREWFIX NATIONAL COMPETITION! 1.45 MB 1 downloads...
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 31,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 580 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 31,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Allen, McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3579 / Matthew.thomas-allen@Mccann.com