Leading trade retailer, Screwfix is set to open its first store in Biggin Hill on Thursday 18th October on Airport Trading Estate, Wireless Road, TN16 3BW. The new branch will create 13 new jobs in the area and will help local tradespeople get what they need as quickly as possible to get the job done.
Screwfix’s Biggin Hill Store Manager, Gary Hawrylak is proud of the contributions the new store has made to employment figures in the region: “We’ve created 13 new jobs and employed people from around the Biggin Hill area. Our new team includes people with all different levels of experience, focused on providing superb customer service to meet the needs of our busy trade customers. Everyone here is really looking forward to the store opening.”
Tradespeople and serious DIYers are all invited to attend the opening and can demonstrate their professional skills in a free-to-enter competition. The winner will receive a 40in smart TV.
Throughout the store’s launch celebration period from Thursday 18th October and through the weekend until Sunday 21st October 2018, Screwfix will offer a 10% discount on all product ranges among other store specific special offers.
Gary believes the store’s convenient location, extensive product range and ability to provide a Click & Collect service in as little as one minute from ordering, will be a real bonus to local tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts who need to get back to their jobs.
“I’m confident we’ve got a great location here in Biggin Hill. My team and I have already been getting to know local businesses and tradespeople and look forward to working with these hardworking, friendly people.”
The brand’s huge range of the latest innovative and affordable products and exceptional deals are also available online at www.screwfix.com, on Screwfix’s mobile site or over the phone on 03330 112 112.
Visit Screwfix’s Biggin Hill store on Airport Trading Estate, Wireless Road, Bromley, TN16 3BW
Monday to Friday 6am-10pm, Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
Jobs boost for Biggin Hill as new Screwfix store opens 615.92 KB 0 downloads...
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- Next day delivery is available within store opening hours.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Screwfix Press Office
Tel: 01935 441706