Leading retailer, Screwfix is set to open its 600th UK store on the Trident Industrial Estate in Hoddesdon; – its 100th store opening in the past 18 months alone.
The new store, which has created 8 jobs in the town, officially opens its doors on Thursday 20th September in the Trident Industrial Estate, Pindar Road, EN11 0WZ
“Hoddesdon is a natural choice for us to open our 600th store, as we know how passionate tradespeople are in the Hertfordshire area about getting the job done well. Like them, Screwfix is about high quality, professional customer service,” said Ritchie Burgess, the new store manager.
Since opening its first store in Yeovil in 2005, Screwfix has grown significantly, with 97 per cent of the UK population within a 30-minute drive from their nearest store. There are now 11 stores in the Hertfordshire area serving both tradespeople and serious DIY enthusiasts.
Throughout the store’s launch celebration period from Thursday 20th September and through the weekend until Sunday 23rd September, Screwfix will offer a 10% discount on all product ranges among other store specific special offers, plus there will be Milwaukee product demos and local dignitary visits.
Tradespeople and serious DIYers are all invited to attend the opening and can demonstrate their professional skills in a free-to-enter competition. The winner will receive a 40in smart TV.
Richie believes the store’s convenient location, extensive product range and ability to provide a Click & Collect service in as little as one minute from ordering, will be a real bonus to local tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts who need to get back to their jobs.
“I’m confident we’ve got a great location here in Hoddesdon. My team and I have already been getting to know local businesses and tradespeople and look forward to working with these hardworking, friendly people.”
The brand’s huge range of the latest innovative and affordable products and exceptional deals are also available online at www.screwfix.com, on Screwfix’s mobile site or over the phone on 03330 112 112.
Visit Screwfix Hoddesdon at Trident Industrial Estate, Pindar Road, EN11 0WZ
For more information on Screwfix, visit www.screwfix.com, call 03330 112 112 or visit the nearest store.
For more information on Screwfix’s range of products, visit www.screwfix.com or pick up a copy of the new catalogue at a local Screwfix store.
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 590 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Allen, McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3822 Matthew.thomas-allen@Mccann.com